Monday, September 08, 2008

weekend fun

My roommates and I decided to host the Backyard Olympics this weekend. We were kind of missing the Olympics spirit. Luckily, the remnants of a tropical storm hit to make our water competitions possible.
We started with the opening ceremonies. Erica got to carry the Olympics torch because she was injured. Poor Erica.


Then we had an archery competition.


Troy totally dominated the handstand contest.


There just happened to be a pool in our backyard, so we had some swim races.


I won bronze in the floor exercise. This is my opening pose. I would have won the hula-hoop competition, but Toys-R-Us does NOT SELL HULA HOOPS! Of all the rudeness.
The closing ceremonies involved some slip-n-slide and ribs (prepared by Troy and Rochelle).

7 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Looks like fun! It's comforting to know one never outgrows slip and slides, hula hoops, and nerf darts.

Katie said...

You have really great form.

Bexie Funk said...

i'm so jealous, that looks like so much fun!

Ashley Erin said...

did brian win anything??

Lindsey said...

Wow. that is one sexy pose.

Charlo said...

hoola hoops are seasonal.

Odd, I know.

Sometimes I see them everywhere, and then once when I was looking for them, they were absolutely nowhere.

Graytoppop said...

Never a dull moment. and cheap too!! (i'm sure this will get some reaction about how cheap i am)...