Wednesday, September 03, 2008

back to school

School started yesterday. So far, it's fantastic.

Except that I have a student named ET. No joke.

But besides that, school is great. My robotics class is especially fun. The kids love it, my boss thinks it's the coolest thing that's ever happened to the school, and I find brilliant new things to teach them every day.

One thing I really love about this school is that they really know how to ease us into the school year. This is only a two-day week. Tomorrow I get to go camping with the seniors. And then take them rafting on Friday. "Senior bonding." Love it.

For those of you who were wondering, I found a fantastic first day of school outfit. White pencil skirt, green shirt, and brown sandals.

9 comments:

Charlo said...

pshhhh. My teachers never took me camping. Lame.

MOM THE BOMB said...

And you get paid for this? Not bad.

Bexie Funk said...

i wish i had your wardrobe.

BRANDON said...

I don't wish I had your wardrobe.
You must be a cool teacher if they let you go camping with them (I wouldn't have gone camping with any of my teachers).
I would like to take your class, it sounds cool.

bethy said...

phone home.

MOM THE BOMB said...

I was wondering when someone was going to say that. Do the students tease him?

Graytoppop said...

I wasn't wondering about your outfit because I knew you would tell us all about it!!!!!

Graytoppop said...

And by the way, for those of us who were not wondering about your outfit, should we skip the remainder of the paragraph? Should we not comment?

One of my favorite introductions when people give talks in church is 'for those of you who don't know me, i'm Michael Jones'. I'm always waiting for the next commet to be, 'and for those of you who do know me, i'm Bill Smith'.

N.F. said...

WHEN I get a teaching job one day (notice I didn't say "IF"...trying to do that whole positive attitude thing - I hope that it's 1/2 as cool as yours!