Sunday, April 27, 2008

weekend recap

My weekend was enjoyable for so many reasons:

  • I joined the DC Restaurant Adventure Club. Every Thursday night, we try out a new local restaurant just for fun. This week is Maryland Crabs.
  • We made cinnamon sugar popcorn. Easy to make and tastes absolutely heavenly.
  • We ate cinnamon sugar popcorn while watching Waitress. Funny movie, with a great ending. No matter how crappy your life is, being dishonest will not make it better.
  • I chapheroned prom and the prom after-party. I was supposed to make breakfast for the kids Sunday morning, but they all got tired and left before I had a chance.
  • I made a magnetic rail gun. I went ahead with the JB Weld, and it works beautifully. I'm so excited to show my classes tomorrow.
  • I found a website with an unbelievable amount of resources for my class. It took me about 10 minutes to plan my lesson for Monday. What a relief.

7 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

that sounds like a really fun weekend. And you still need to send me the recipe for cream cheese eblskivers.

MOM THE BOMB said...

What is a magnetic rail gun, and what is a gauss acellerator? They do sound fun. And how do you make cinnamon popcorn? One more question - did you see David Ashton this weekend?

melancholyjune said...

I wish I had cinnamon sugar popcorn to eat tonight while I watch "waitress". you do have fun weekends.

Ashley Erin said...

Hi nerd. have fun with your rail gun.

Charlo said...

I disagree. Waitress was a dumb movie. Aside from that, you are cool.

Lindsey said...

Is sonic considered a local restaurant?

N.F. said...

What's the teaching/resource website? Do share, please! :)