Wednesday, April 16, 2008

summer is coming

And because summer is coming, there is an obvious need for homemade ice-cream. So I bought this ice cream maker:





Only $25! And it got great reviews. All it has to do is last me through the summer and it'll be well worth the cost. First up is ginger ice cream, to go along with the citrus-marinated shish kabobs we're making this weekend.

This weekend will be spent basking in the sunshine with a book (Winter of our Discontent), lots of ice cream, and a grill.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow, when did you become a gourmet cook? I need to make some homemade icecream!

Charlo said...

I love my $5 icecream maker I bought at savers. I especially like that I don't have to use ice and salt. I don't like that I have to plan 8 hrs in advance to put the core in the freezer, but it is not big so I often leave it in the freezer, just in case.

Sadly, my last ice cream attempt -lavender honey- was a disaster.

Graytoppop said...

Don't make the same mistake I made the last time I made ice cream. Just remember to add the milk......

melancholyjune said...

poodle, you are the bargain queen! $25 is a great deal. we had fun in philly. sorry about my asian blonde moment re: penn state and philly.