Tuesday, May 08, 2007

i am DONE

So today was my last real day of teaching.

Depending on how you look at it. And since I've always been a glass half full kind of girl, I'm looking at it as my last day teaching. Even though we still technically have a week and a half of school left. But that's pretty much not the point.

The point is, today was my last real day of teaching.

Because tomorrow we have mandatory silent reading, which does not involve teaching, and then Thursday and Friday we are watching The Incredibles, which also does not involve teaching, but merely involves eating Chelsea's famous chess cake. (Which is to die for, by the way.) And making notes of the physics mistakes involved, which, considering there is an invisible girl in the movie, should not be too hard.

So yes, today was my last day of teaching. Unless you count the two days we are spending learning about Einstein's theory of relativity. (The special one.) Which I do not count, being the glass is half full kind of person that you now know I am. And because my students begged (yes, begged) me to teach them this unit, and teaching kids stuff they want to learn about doesn't count as work. It's a good thing that my one superpower is the ability to make teenagers like physics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it really a chess cake, or is it supposed to be a cheese cake?

poodle said...

it really is a chess cake. i don't eat cheese cake. delicious. i'll post the recipe when she gives it to me.