Monday, December 04, 2006

reasons my birthday was totally awesome

  • Every single member of my family called me to wish me a happy birthday. Except for my dad. Apparently those international calls are still pretty tricky.
  • Two of my classes sang me enthusiastic renditions of "Happy Birthday"
  • Two of my students made me a birthday card and left it on my car windshield
  • Another student made me a birthday card and wore it around like a necklace all class period
  • My department bought me chocolates, flowers, and a candle. They're so nice.
  • I have received countless compliments on my new boots

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

I knew they'd love your boots.

Charlo said...

Ya...um I was planning on calling you, but I forgot. I'm sure your phone was buisy all day any way :)

1. I want to see your boots!
2. I am very proud of whoever thought up wearning the birthday card necklace.
3. Happy after birtday

Katie said...

You got my card didn't you?!?!? I thought that would have been NUMBER 1!

poodle said...

yes, katie, i got your card. it was NUMBER 1!!!

although it would have been an indisputable first had the salesman agreed to get in the box.