Tuesday, February 08, 2005

my biggest pet peeve

Hating. Specifically, hating a generalized group of people. Such as Those Who Drive With Their Brites On. Those Who Drive Slow in the Fast Lane. Or, Those Who Hold Up the Line at the Post Office. How can we hate someone for such petty acts? Can you really believe that people who commit such heinous crimes can have absolutely no redeeming qualities? That they are all menaces to society, and probably have a secret, underground group called Lets Annoy the Masses (LAM)? That they spend their days driving up and down the freeway with their brites on, simply to bug us? Now, doesn't that sound just a little ridiculous?

But I guess this makes me one of Them. One of The Haters that I hate so much. Only, I aim my malice at Those Who Hate for Stupid Reasons. But I have a righteous reason for my hatred. I'm just want some love in the world.

What the world needs now is love sweet love....

So, clearly, I'm justified. Right? Right?

Right.

Can I really believe that Those Who Hate for Stupid Reasons have no redeeming qualities? That they spend their days hating for stupid reasons just to bug me? Now, that does sound just a little ridiculous. I guess you can't conquer hate with hate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just read your entire blog, except the Oct. 23 "what was I looking for" post listed on your profile which has disappeared. Seemed promising. You write very well, and I laughed a lot, and out loud hard several times. Glad you didn't give up for lack of comments at the beginning.

marta

poodle said...

wow, thanks! that just made my whole day. i'm glad you were entertained.

Katie said...

Wow, your first comment from a stranger. Pretty impressive Britt!

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it http://www.find-bentley-the-car-dealers-in-canada.info/Wall-tent-heater.html small girltiny tits slits http://www.stop-smoking-8.info/buick-restoration-part.html Zyrtec for milk and soy allergies Cause of feline hair loss