Thursday, January 20, 2005

she laughed at me

I accidentally left my (pink) purse in my class today. My (male) professor very kindly carried my (pink) purse to the aerospace engineering office to leave, safely guarded, in the hands of the receptionist until I picked it up. I walked in, smiled kindly at the receptionist lady, and asked if I could please have my purse back.

her: Um, could you identify it for me?
me: Sure! It's pink.
her: (with a smirk) haha! it sure is.

Haha? Now, was that really necessary? I probably should have told this woman that my purse was black, since pink is the new black (or so says the rumor). But that would have just confused her, and then she never would have given me my purse, despite the fact that it had my drivers license with my picture in it. Now, I'm not seriously upset with receptionist lady. She's not exactly young and hip, so it's not her fault she hadn't heard the rumor that pink is the new black. Add, admittedly, the purse is very pink. Maybe even obnoxiously pink. But I love it nonetheless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »