Thursday, August 01, 2013

upcoming races

Because I know you are all on the edge of your seats wondering what race I am going to run next!!

Up until last week, I was only signed up for the Diva Women's Half Marathon in September and the OBX marathon in November.  That is clearly not enough races (running is fun, but racing is at least 180x more fun than just running.)  So here is my race calendar for the next couple of months:

Clarendon days 5k AND 10k:  This is a Pacer's event, which are always very well-run.  I am planning on using it as one of my "speedwork long runs".  My plan is to wake up early, run 10 miles from my house to Georgetown, then hitch a ride to the race start and race the 5k and 10k back-to-back.  I am pretty sure I will feel like dying by the end, but that's kind of the point.

Somerset Elementary 8k:  Just a nice little local race to raise money for the elementary school.  The entry fee was really inexpensive and I feel pretty good about supporting local education.  Plus, I really love small races.  Win-win!

Diva Women's Half Marathon:  Nothing too special about this race, but I needed a half-marathon to run, and this one was on a Saturday (which I prefer) and was close to home.  And small-ish.

OBX marathon:  Nice and flat, hopefully not too windy, and hopefully I can PR again.

Marine Corps Turkey Trot:  I usually don't LOVE 10k's (I prefer longer races) but I ran this last year and it was one of my favorite races ever.  So I am signing up again.

There is also a possibility that I will run the Baltimore Half Marathon or the Baltimore Marathon Relay.  That's not set in stone, though.

AND I am trying to convince Bexie that it would be really fun to run in a Turkey Trot 5k on Thanksgiving morning.  She is concerned about getting dinner finished on time.  (Priorities, I know...)

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

They sound so fun! Bex - Thanksgiving dinner can wait a few hours. It's better when everyone is REALLY hungry. And you're never hungrier than after a race.

Ashley Erin said...

that is so bex. she's hilarious.

erica s said...

I will have to think about the Clarendon 10k. I really need redemption on that race. But I am no way running 10miles before and then doing the 5k and 10k. You are crazy!

Bexie Funk said...

yes it is also best that i be awake to cook too. i don't want to be too tired.