Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First day of school

The first thing that I learned in nursing school is that water fountains are clearly too low-class for us, so we obviously had to upgrade to Brita Hydration Stations.  Thank heavens for that.


As a former teacher, I totally judged all of my professors on their teaching skills.  Luckily my pathophysiology professor is amazing.  I am pretty sure everyone else in the class is terrified (he comes on pretty strong) but the second he started talking I knew I was going to love this class.  I also sort of judged my abnormal psychology professor when he stumbled into class and then broke three pieces of chalk trying to write his name on the board, but then he started talking and is actually really funny so I forgave him for his inability to properly use chalk.  It can be tricky, I know.

Riding my bike to school wears me out a little bit more than I thought it would.  As it turns out, biking with a heavy backpack is significantly harder than biking with nothing.  I am still pretty excited about it, though.  Plus, the dean of the nursing school stopped me to tell me how great he thought it was that I biked to school, and bragged about how since he has his own office he can ride his fancy expensive bike without worrying about it getting stolen.  He didn't offer to let me park my bike in his office, though.  Bummer.

Lucky for me, the Friday clinical was cancelled so instead I have class all day Mondays and Wednesdays and clinical all day Tuesdays.  Which means no class Thursday or Friday!  It will be great to have a 4 day weekend to use to catch up on sleep study really hard.

After my first day, I am not regretting my decision to go back to nursing school, so I think that is a very godo sign.

4 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

Isn't it nice to see that your tuition is going to something so useful?

MOM THE BOMB said...

like excessive use of chalk?
he he

Bexie Funk said...

4 day weekends thats awesome. just think how fast you'd get done if you went to class 5 days a week.

Charlo said...

I liked having uninterrupted days. Easier for me to sit down and do an entire class of homework without having to rotate between classes.