Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer is ending

It's okay, though, because I have checked everything off of my to-do list for nursing school.  Plus, it was kind of reaching the point in the summer where I felt like my brain was turning to mush from not using it.  I am pretty sure that shopping for the perfect backpack does not constitute brain use.

Don't worry, though, I have been filling my days with lots of running, lots of eating, and lots of hanging out with Sammy.  He thinks it's pretty fun.

 
 
I am also trying this new thing where I only wash my hair twice a week.  My hairdresser said it would be good for my hair, so I decided to give it a try since I had nowhere important to go.  So far, it has been a smashing success.  My hair is much less frizzy than it normally is (which is pretty impressive considering the DC humidity), holds curl for longer, and is generally in much better shape than usual.  I think I might stick with this plan long-term. 

On an unrelated note, I have been making homemade frozen strawberry lemonade all summer, and it is delicious.  Sammy gets really jealous when I don't share.


 

Last weekend I went down to Luray, VA with a friend who was competing in a triathlon.  I was a teensy bit jealous that I wasn't racing.  But then I remembered that I have lots of races coming up so I really have nothing to be jealous of. I also remembered that I am poor and cannot afford to pay for another race right now.  It was really fun to watch and cheer her on and made me excited to do some more triathlons next year. 
 
 
After I got home I did my long run for the week (15 miles).  My watch and ipod both died which made it less fun than normal.  The first 13 miles were at an average pace of 8:09, which made me pretty happy, especially considering the second half of the run is all uphill. 
 
 
Only 4 weeks left until my first race of the season!  I have to say that I am getting kind of bored with just training and not doing any races.  

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

sounds like you're ready! And Sammy looks like he's been eating a lot this summer! spoiled dog!

erica s said...

I only wash my hair about 2-3 times a week. It's the way to go! I'm so lazy. Can't wait for our race(s)!

Bexie Funk said...

i wouldn't mind watching a race I think i'd like it more than competing in one!