Saturday, September 15, 2012

most exhausting week of my life

Spending all summer doing only the things I wanted to apparently made me forget that working can be exhausting.  And it didn't help that this week, my night classes started (anatomy and statistics) AND we had back to school night.  (In case you didn't know, parents can be really tiring.)


But, despite all of this, I have still managed to fit in some good times.  Namely, an 18 mile run and some baking.

I made a delicious batch of zucchini bread using this recipe.  I had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and as an after-school snack) until it was gone.

Then I whipped up some homemade pop tarts!  (Chocolate peanut butter and brown sugar cinnamon.)  They were flaky, buttery, and absolutely divine. Mine were not as pretty as these ones, but I'm pretty sure they tasted just as good.  (if not better)

Homemade Pop-Tarts

Next, I am going to make some dark chocolate peanut butter cups.  Up until last month, I never thought that another peanut butter cup would ever come close to Reese's PB cups.  Then I tried Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups and almost fell out of my chair.  Something about dark chocolate and peanut butter really does it for me.  So I am hoping to re-create them with this recipe.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

Hello those all look awesome! is that the bread recipe I gave you? because mine is awesome.

erica s said...

I'm drooling!

Charlo said...

I never even would have thought to make homemade pop tarts.