Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ragnar



I am not really sure why spending 30 hours in a car with no shower and no sleep is fun, but it really is. Except this year, I was not allowed to run because of my broken foot. Jack took my place. He was way faster than I would have been. But I came along anyway as van chauffeur/entertainer extraordinaire. I don't want to brag or anything, but I think I was a perfect fit for the job.


Except for when I thought that I had dropped the car keys in the porta-potty. I can laugh now, but I was less than amused when I was digging around on my desperate search. (Don't worry, the keys were found safe and sound under another team's van.) And I totally secured my prize as "most dedicated team member". Which makes it totally worth it. (Right?)

5 comments:

bethy said...

you totally earned that title. can't wait to see you in a few months!

Graytoppop said...

You are always right, just like Bethany! And I'm glad you found someone to take your place in the line-up....

MOM THE BOMB said...

yep, that's dedication.

Bexie Funk said...

i don't want to imagine what you had to dig through in your desperate search. i would love for you to be my entertainer! you'd be great.

Charlo said...

flip flops? your foot doesn't look broken