Monday, August 04, 2008

weekend(s)

The "Emerging Man" statue at the National Harbor:

WWII Monument:

Washington Monument (you can barely see it in the background. Kind of a dark picture. Oops:

Thursday was Julie's birthday, so we took her out for crab cakes:

And then to the symphony:

Then we came home to enjoy the lemon tarts I had made for dessert. They were fantastic!

Friday night, we drove across the Chesapeake Bay to attempt a camping trip:

It got rained out in the morning, so we did a lot of driving for not a lot of camping, but the drive was fun anyway. And we decided to stop at the outlet malls on the way home (since we had already driven all that way.) I found a fantastic skirt on sale at White House Black Market.

6 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow, the tarts look great! And, only you, Poodle, could find a shopping opportunity from a camping trip to the beach.

Bexie Funk said...

oh that looks like really good food and i love that shirt! you look so cute!

Katie said...

I think you look a lot like Lindsey in these pictures. Very pretty! Love your hair color!

Graytoppop said...

I spent a few weeks on the DelMarVa peninsula about 15 years ago. Do you remember that Poodle? I was between Uncle Bens and Williams, and i found some temporary work there.

And I remember that there were a lot of outlet malls on the peninsula. I bought a tie at one of them that one of Ray West's kids said was patterned after red-blood cells....

Anonymous said...

Poodle: I think you look beautiful!! I need to go shopping with you. Heidi A

Ashley Erin said...

um, buy me stuff.