Sunday, August 17, 2008

camping

I probably had more fun this weekend than I have had in years. Laura (my roommate) came home from California this week and we stayed up until 3 am watching the Olympics and catching up. As crazy as she sometimes is, she adds fun to everything.

Friday, we picked up our neighbors (Ryan and Troy) and headed down to a Brazilian barbecue for lunch. The food was only okay, but it's always fun to try a new place. Then we loaded up the car and headed to Antietam for our campout. The drive was only supposed to be an hour, but with Friday afternoon rush hour traffic, it took about 2 1/2. This would have been a major problem if it weren't for the fact that Troy and Ryan are two of the funniest people I've ever met. And they're even funnier when they get together. Needless to say, the drive was more than enjoyable. We met five of our other friends there, made foil dinners and smores, played cards, annoyed our neighbors, then went to sleep. (By the way - Laura talks in her sleep. A lot.)

Saturday morning we woke up, tried to make breakfast, failed, and went to McDonald's instead. This wasn't exactlythe most "rough" campout I've ever been on. Then we drove to Harper's Ferry and went tubing down the Potomac. We rode the rapids, played water tag, got a little sunburned, and left happy. We had lunch at a little Italian restaurant in town (it was fabulous) and headed home.

Saturday evening, Laura and I went down to Virginia with some of our friends for some shopping. There were some great sales, so I bought my mom lots of clothes, since Mexico doesn't have Ann Taylor or Banana Republic. Now I'm packing up and heading to Mexico for a week of fun.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow! That's a lot of fun to live up to. I hope dad-the-bad and I can meet the challenge.

And I'm SO excited to get some new clothes!

Katie said...

Sounds AWESOME! Have a great time in Mexico! Garrett and I are both wildly jealous.

Anonymous said...

Wow,sounds like loads of fun. You really keep a great social life and schedule. Heidi A.