Sunday, May 18, 2008

food

one great thing about living in DC is the food. there are thousands of restaurants with thousands of different types of food. so far i have tried the following:

Ethiopian. Excellent, as long as it's a good restaurant. But if you don't like eating mush, this isn't for you.

Korean. Also delicious. The spicy tofu soup is excellent, and they had some ribs that melted my heart.

Chinese. (Real chinese) Custard buns are my new favorite dessert. Honey walnut shrimp is my new favorite meal. If there's a restaurant near you that serves dim sum, try it out.

Lebanese. Not my favorite, but I need to give it a second chance. I think I made a poor choice when I ordered, because everybody else's food looked way better than mine.

Indian. There's a place 45 minutes away from my house that is SO worth the drive just for the naan.

Japanese. I could eat sushi every day for the rest of my life and die a happy woman.

Maryland Crabs. Yum.

Vietnamese. Not bad, but if I'm going to pay for soup, I'd rather have the korean tofu soup.

French. We tried out a nice French restaurant during restaurant week. Great deal, good food, snobby waiter. What more could you expect from a French restaurant?

5 comments:

melancholyjune said...

Try Lebanese again. I've had it once but it's way good if you get the right thing. You left off Thai! See if there is a Thai place that makes Pad Kee Mao (Drunken Noodles), Basil Chicken, and Curry Puffs (a puff pasty with a curried potato filling, kind of like an Indian samosa, served a tasty chutney!) We have a good friend here whose family owns a fab Thai restaurant so we get all the ymmy treats.

MOM THE BOMB said...

You're right about DC. When I was there for a week we went out every night to a different ethnic meal. Fun!

Graytoppop said...

What!! no Brasilian food!!!! Não pode ser!!!!

Ashley Erin said...

landon and i order in sushi pretty often. i always eat about 80% of it and leave him with what i can't finish. it is pretty amazing. i agree with you.

America said...

We LOVE naan!!! I make it for Chris every once in a while...it's actually on the menu for this week! :)