Tuesday, February 19, 2008

happy weekend

My weekend turned out fabulous. Fun-filled, excellent weather, good company. Saturday, Rochelle and I went to the japanese robot exhibit. The robot part was just okay. More geared towards kids, but I did learn a lot about Japanese culture. Their development of robots is much different than what you see in the US (not that you see much of it in the US) because of their culture and immigration policies. Fascinating. Along with the robots, however, was a "polka-dot" exhibit because "the universe is full of polka-dot forms." Pretty funny.




Then we headed to Guapo's for a mexican dinner. It was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. I still am craving a Beto's-type restaurant. The fruit tart we had for dessert was just okay. Next time, I am making a homemade lemon tart topped with fruit. Much better.

Sunday, we made a Japanese dinner. (Turns out most of my friends here are Japanese, or love all things Japanese. They're rubbing off on me.) It was make-your-own-squid-ball night. Delicious. They're cooked in an ebilskever pan in the middle of the table. In case you can't tell, I had just woken up from my long, long Sunday nap.

For dessert, Brian made brownies and Merry made a rice cake with pretty flowers on it. Both were a hit.


4 comments:

Ammon said...

Don't you miss the Mexican Food in Texas! I miss it so much! I'm glad you visit my blog. Do you know if any other people we grew up with blog (other than the ones I'm linked to)?

Tricia said...

Is this Brittany Reed?? Ryan Reed's little sister? How are you?? I can't believe all the Katy people I keep finding on here! Seems Lynette is the connection. How do you like D.C.? I was there for a couple of weeks before we moved to Katy and loved it. What do you teach...and how hard is to coach swimming? Keep in touch!

Tricia said...

oh, by the way, i'm so jealous that you got to see the effiel tower at night. i was there in june with my parents, but my parents didn't want to stay up so late to see it...what can i say...they're getting old. lucky you though...i love paris!!

Lindsey said...

You had evil stephens? Yum.
The flower cake is pretty.