Thursday, April 12, 2007

so in the Denver airport

As I was traveling home from my Seattle job interview, I saw my old friend Steve. The Steve that I haven't seen for almost two years and is now married to a girl who would not allow him to send me a wedding announcement, because I might send them a Bed, Bath and Beyond gift card or something else equally inappropriate. (And yes, a Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift card is highly inappropriate, what with the words Bed and Bath in the name.)

And as he walked by, he was preoccupied with finding his flight and whatnot, so he didn't see me. So I made sure I wasn't going to miss my flight, and followed him through the airport because the chances that you would run into an old friend in the Denver Airport of all places are so slim that I couldn't just let this opportunity pass me by. Plus, he is married to a girl who would not allow him to send me a wedding announcement, so I'm pretty sure this is the only chance I would ever have to speak to him.

So I followed him to his gate and stood in front of him waiting for him to look up and recognize me and start a conversation, so that I could not be accused by his wife of starting a conversation with a married man. And then he looked up, and started talking. And it wasn't Steve. Although I'm almost convinced that he was disguising his voice so that he wouldn't have to talk to me, because other than the voice, he was an exact replica of Steve.

I wonder if he knows he has a twin.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

You are too FUNNY!

Ashley Erin said...

weird. and not twin part, the part about his wife. i wonder how that marriage is going.

Charlo said...

I bet he rather enjoyed having a catholic school teacher stalking him.