Thursday, July 11, 2013

marathon training and other things

So this is week 1 of official marathon training.  It turns out that after taking a month off from any speedwork, I am not as fast as I was a month ago.  But don't worry, I still have 17 week left.  Half of me thinks it's really fun and exciting to be training again and half of me wants to die. 

I just bought these new running shorts, because they are really cute and they were on sale ($7!!!) and we all know that 1) I can't pass up a sale and 2) I always think I need more running clothes.  Too bad they  make me look like I peed my pants. (I didn't.  It was just humid.  Good thing I'm not easily embarrassed.)  I guess I'll have to just wear these to the gym and as a swimsuit cover-up.  No biggie.


 

On another note, I recently made this macaroni and cheese, and it is the best macaroni and cheese I have ever eaten.  Step aside, Kraft.  (Oh, wait.  Kraft was never my favorite.  Never mind.)  So make it, and love it, and you can thank me later.  I also added lots of chopped vegetables to add a little bit of healthiness to it.

Also, is anybody else's mind not at all blown by this little mathematical tidbit? 

1 comment:

Bexie Funk said...

that's a fun fact. and yes those look like you peed in them.