Sunday, March 17, 2013

marathon race report

Sorry, guys.  No video of me crossing the finish line this time.  So sorry to disappoint.


My favorite part of a race is the post-race loot that is given out. I have to say that this race totally let me down.  They ran out of chocolate milk AND Jamba Juice smoothies before I even finished!  I want my money back.  But despite the lack of post-race goodies, I finished with my best time so far (3:55) and my race outfit was my favorite of all of my marathons so far.  So overall, I would call this a successful race!

And, for your viewing pleasure:

Hanging out (and being cold) before the race.  Dad had his eyes open double wide, so maybe that makes up for mom's eyes being closed?

Requisite post-race finisher photo.  I was pleasantly surprised at how not horrendous I looked after the race:


Finishing strong.  Supposedly this shirt I am wearing is supposed to be stink-proof, even if you sweat a lot.  I definitely sweat a lot, but the shirt doesn't exactly smell like roses.  It was, however, the most comfortable race shirt I have ever worn.  



7 comments:

bethy said...

I want a copy of that picture of you, mom and dad! classic.

Ashley Erin said...

oh mom. she's so funny.

erica s said...

Is that shirt lululemon? If so, I have it in yellow and love it! So soft! Love the last picture of you! Way to go!!!

poodle said...

yup, it's lululemon! i LOVE it. softest shirt ever.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Well you're in luck, Ashley and Bethy. Since I loved the picture so much I paid $69.00 just to download it for my viewing pleasure. Now if I can get it posted to blogger...

Bexie Funk said...

that picture is hilarious! i'll buy you a jamba juice when you run the music city marathon! and anything else you want!

Graytoppop said...

And MTB and I had a great time with Poodle. We traveled well, ate well, ran well!!!!