Thursday, February 02, 2012

new year's resolutions

Now that it's February I can share the New Year's resolutions that I am actually keeping. I have two. (What can I say, I'm ambitious)


1. Stop eating processed foods. This one is easier than I thought it would be. I spend Sunday afternoon baking snacks, breakfast foods, and dinner for the week. I have never eaten so well in my life. Home-cooked meals really are so much better than packaged foods. I also started an herb garden (and by started I mean I bought a rosemary plant at Trader Joe's and have kept it alive for a month). I will be adding more herbs in the spring.

2. Make my bed every day. I made my bed when I lived with Katelyn because she is by far the cleanest person I've ever met and it made me self-conscious. So I pretended to be clean too. (haha). So far having my bed made every day really brightens my day when I get home. Maybe next I'll organize my closet or something outrageous like that.

5 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

way to go! i'm great at making my bed but could use some help with the other.

Charlo said...

I've been doing the no processed food thing for over a year now. I am not perfect, but it is amazing how over time it gets easier and easeir, and begins to become less time consuming and such. Some weeks I'm perfect, some weeks I'll eat ravioli and mac and cheese from a box. Even so, I've recognized that my "bad weeks" are actually WAY better than my average diet a year ago.

Making just a few changes at a time, it is crazy to see how drastically food has changed for me over the last several years. When I do buy packaged foods, I read the ingredients, and as time goes on, I get pickier and pickier about what I allow in my food.

And through some trial and error I've learned that homemade thai food, truffles, etc are less intimidating than I thought, healthier and even tastier than restaurant food.

Keep it up. I believe in taking food back from the corporate corruption. Not to mention it's nice to know I am no longer ignorantly eating beaver anus juices in my raspbery jams, and human hair extract in my candy.

erica s said...

Way to go on the processed foods. I totally live off of them. Maybe one day I will be more ambitious. When I had Alexandra I set a goal to never leave the house before I made the bed. Most days I accomplish it. It makes me feel some what more put together. Way to go on your resolutions!

Kate said...

You did well at pretending to be clean. Michelle put me to shame about being clean. She made my OCD habits not seem so extreme.

Ashley Erin said...

Landon doesn't think goldfish are processed.