Thursday, November 19, 2009

my first

I ran my first half marathon last weekend. It was delightful, although I have to say I was disappointed in the junk food options at the end of the race. They had lots of good stuff during the race, but who wants to stop and eat pound cake when they're running 13 miles? As it turns out, not me. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Ben was nice enough to come along and act as official photographer. He's great. He also discovered all kinds of settings on my camera that I never knew about. Guess what?! My camera can automatically take a picture when the subject smiles! And a lot of other neat stuff. Go Ben.


Aren't they so cute together?


If you look really closely, you can see Erica in purple, dashing toward the finish line.


I have about eight pictures just like this, because my camera took a picture every time we smiled! I love this camera more every day.



Pre-race, when I was really happy and not at all sore. That didn't last long.

6 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

you're even pretty when you run.

erica s said...

Wow, I didn't know your camera could do that! Did you see your professional pics? They are on the marathon website.

MOM THE BOMB said...

and a cute plum shirt. and verde e amarelho shorts. Go Brasil!!!

Bexie Funk said...

go poodle! i don't think i'd want pound cake either.

MOM THE BOMB said...

That was DTB saying Go Brasil, using my login. You DO look adorable, though.

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Congrats and you look fantastic!