Wednesday, August 12, 2009

school

The new school year starts in just one month.

Today, I got my new schedule. This is going to be a great year for several reasons:

  • My largest class has 12 students. What a dream!
  • The one student that I absolutely did NOT want to teach this year decided to drop my class. I usually love my students, but hey, I'm only human.
  • I talked to my boss and convinced her that it would be a really bad idea to make me coach track next year. That was quite possibly the most liberating conversation I have ever had.
  • One of my classes consists of my 12 favorite, hardest-working students from last year. I'm pretty sure they're already my favorite class.
  • I get to teach freshmen this year!! They're adorable.

4 comments:

bethy said...

yeah poodle! no track! now you don't have to blow up the school. they should appreciate that.

MOM THE BOMB said...

wow, Poodle! You can really be assertive when you want to!

Graytoppop said...

Must of been a good sales pitch....

erica s said...

No track and 12 students that is awesome!