Wednesday, March 05, 2008

tongue in cheek

So last week one of my students left a note on my desk telling me what a great teacher I am and how she learns so much, but still has fun. So nice.

And of course, I hung it up on my bulletin board and made all of my other students read it so they could also appreciate how great I am. I thought it would brighten their day.

Jeff (the same Jeff who lets me call him Betty) has made it his personal mission to win class MVP, and obviously could not be outdone. So he pulled out a piece of paper and with tongue in cheek, wrote the following note:

Dear Ms Reed,

Your work ethic and all-around excellence have continued to impress me daily. Your upbeat attitude and energy infuse the classroom with excitement and adrenaline-pounding anticipation to learn. You give every student an insatiable hunger to want to learn more and more. Great job so far and keep up the good work!

-Betty

5 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow! His writing impresses me, or rather his kiss-up skills. And you impress everyone, Poodle.

Ammon said...

Maybe you really ARE that spectacular of a teacher! And, after that, you should give him some sort of MVP certificate. Maybe it will encourage more kissing up!

Graytoppop said...

He can kiss-up even better than Ashley!!! He will go a long way. But if you were not such a good teacher, with a good relationship with your students, no one would bother to write anything.

N.F. said...

That rules. :)

Ashley Erin said...

thanks for fixing up my blog. you are so special. and i'll see you in less than two weeks!! being the single sisters rocks.