Monday, December 03, 2007

book club

book #1: The Kite Runner. My roommate bought it for me for my birthday (she's the best) and i can't wait to read it.

book #2: The Story of Opal. According to Matt (one of the book club co-founders), it demonstrates why we're told to be like children. sounds interesting

book #3: The Count of Monte Cristo: i can't wait to read it again! it's been a few years, and the story is great. i think i'll love it even more the second time around, now that i know the overall plot and can absorb more.

book #4: East of Eden. also an old favorite. everyone should read it. as long as you can handle some of the details...

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ooh, can I join your book club?
I need to read more.

poodle said...

yes, you can!!! read the kite runner first. that's the december book.

Charlo said...

Dang it. Decembers book? but it is not at D.I. yet. I barely picked up my 1 dollar copy of the Davinci code( and in the hour I spent looking through the books, I could have been at work and made enough to buy kite runner. ) Anyhow. every story has a moral, and the moral of this one, is that my mom said the newer book by the kite runner author is also good. Although, I've been known to misquote my mother a lot lately.