Saturday, September 15, 2007

okay, fine

Katie's right. I'm not nearly as busy or important as I make myself sound. So to fill you in on what's happening:

  • The students at this school are not at all intimidated by adults. Not even a little. I think I like that.
  • My job is less stressful, but much busier than I thought it would be. And lots of fun
  • I have a bright orange LuvSac in my living room. That's about all I can say about that. I'm working on a plan to move it to the basement without hurting my crazy roommate's feelings.
  • I love Loehmann's with all my heart and soul.
  • I officially have a retirement account! And even though my retirement money is taken before I get my paycheck, it is still significantly larger than last year's paycheck. And I am paying significantly less in rent, and significantly less on food (since I eat enormous lunches every day, courtesy of BS.)*
  • The weather is beautiful.
  • My roommate thinks I'm totally vain and materialistic. She's probably right.
  • My bangs are finally long enough to wear without getting laughed at. I love them.
  • In one week, I have cut my daily commute from 30 minutes down to 20 minutes. Backroads are my new best friends.
  • I bought myself a beautiful coat from Anthropologie as a back-to-school gift to myself. Totally on sale, and probably the prettiest thing I've ever owned. I also bought a $200 dress on sale for $30. Bargains are also my best friends.
  • I went to Ann Taylor Loft and bought a pair of pants, a shirt, three necklaces, and two pairs of earrings. Whoever can guess closest to how much my total bill was wins a prize. And by prize I mean the glory of knowing you're a better guesser than anyone else.
BS is my school. Haha.

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

I guess $69.00. That's with your discount for being a teacher, without tax. I've never seen your closet, but I'm pretty sure you need a bigger one.

Katie said...

My guess is slightly higher at $78.

Your roommate is wrong about you being materialistic...she's probably just jealous of your rad wardrobe.

poodle said...

sorry, but you're both SO WRONG!!

Grand total: $32.54

I have just crowned myself queen of bargain shopping.

N.F. said...

My friend just told me last night she wants me to cut my hair to get bangs again.

I haven't had bangs since 1999. It was PAINFUL to grow them out. I'm scared to cut them....GAH!