Wednesday, September 26, 2007

a few more things

  • One of my students had a bottle of fart spray in his back pack yesterday. It exploded during class.
  • Tomorrow night is back-to-school night. It is also the season premiere of The Office. They obviously did not ask for my opinion when scheduling back-to-school night.
  • Things I lost in my move: a skirt, half of my sanity, and a wedding gift I bought back in June. I suck.
  • I am in charge of family home evening in our ward. So anyone who has any ideas (ahem, Katie) please help me. I'm desperate.
  • Today we had a delayed opening at school. Great chance to sleep in. Except that the academic dean scheduled a meeting with me for 7:00 am. AM meaning, in the morning. She didn't even show up.
  • We played a totally awesome game in my physics class today. They loved it. Huge success.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Some things we did in FHE that I thought sounded lame but ended up really fun:

-Vegetable pinewood derby cars. We built "cars" out of all vegetables and raced them down a slanted table. Hilarious.

-Ice cream scripture sculptionary. I bought blocks of cheap ice cream, turned my freezer as cold as it could go and froze them into bricks. Then, people had to carve something churchy out of them and decorate it with toppings and then we guessed what they were.

-Sculptionary with different food. (this one is Lindy's idea). You make a big batch of pudding, rice krispie treats, playdough and bring in some spray-on whipped cream. Divide everyone into 4 teams. One person from each team has to "sculpt" the object out of the weird food thing. Then you rotate stations. It was really messy, but totally funny.

-I always do pumpkin carving at Halloween time.

-Also, I always go Christmas caroling at a nursing home.

If you need more ideas, let me know. Also, Lindy has been doing FHE for the past year so I'm sure she'll have some great ideas.

Lindsey said...

Poodle got farted.

HA HA.

Anonymous said...

ideas for FHE

1. ultimate frisbee
2. canoe down the potomoc
3. blue darts