Wednesday, October 25, 2006

i found my dream job

In Baltimore. Im applying for it right now. They are looking for someone to teach freshman physics. I happen to teach freshman physics at one of the few schools in the country that teaches physics to freshmen. And they want someone who is interested in possibly teaching engineering electives in the future. (Um, also me.) So I really think they need to hire me. Thats what I told them in my letter.

If I get the job, I will:

  • teach 4 sections of Freshman physics
  • that is one class less than the 5 I am currently teaching
  • move to Baltimore
  • probably not have to coach JV cross country
  • be the happiest girl alive
All I have to do now is write my statement of educational philosophy, in which I will basically tell them that I will fit perfectly at their school. I hope they buy it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

But what will the dance team do without you?!?!?!

Lindsey said...

Wow, I'm jealous. Not of the being a physics teacher part, but of the finding a great job part. Good luck!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow! Can I write you a letter of recommendation? I could write a great one! I'm sure they'll believe me. Sounds fabulous. I hope it turns out.