Saturday, October 21, 2006

a few updates, just because it's been awhile

  • Cross country ended today. Hoorah!
  • This means that now I can devote all of my extra time to Dance Team.
  • I was admitted to our school's soccer game as a student last week. I informed them of their mistake and paid the full $6 adult entry fee.
  • I let them believe I did this because I'm so incredibly honest. In reality, I was just trying to save my pride.
  • Our principal finally found a long-term sub for my coworker who is out on maternity leave. This means that I am no longer responsible for teaching two classes at the same time. (And if you have never tried teaching two different subjects to two different groups of students during the same class period, let me tell you. It's not easy. Nor is it much fun.)
  • I think I'm going to take a trip to San Francisco soon. With my sister.
  • We are starting an egg launch project in my physics class this week. I think I'm more excited about it than some of my students are.
  • I think I know what I want for my birthday from my parents. A subscription to The Physics Teacher magazine. It's expensive. But really cool.
  • I think that's about it.

1 comment:

TRS said...

I'm just confused as to how the school was unprepared for a maternity leave in the first 3 months of the school year!

All that time she was expecting... no one talked about maternity leave?

(Unless of course they adopted)