Tuesday, February 07, 2006

some fools never learn

or, how to annoy me.

Sometimes I have way too much faith in people, and their ability to just figure things out. Like the woman who called me twenty times in one day, thinking that it was her daughter's number. And then three days and two pleasant "I am not your daughter, you must have the wrong number" conversations later, she still has not figured out that she wrote down THE WRONG PHONE NUMBER!!! Instead, she keeps reading back to me MY phone number, and telling me how funny that is that her daughter and I have the exact same number, and isn't that a coincidence?

Which would be fine, if she hadn't decided, at 11:00 pm, to begin calling EVERY. TWO. MINUTES. Because maybe if she called enough times, the call would magically be transferred to somebody's phone besides mine. It wasn't.

2 comments:

SRA said...

At 11 at night, I'd just turn the ringer off. Sleep is more important...and maybe...just MAYBE...if you don't take her calls for awhile, she'll get the point that you don't want to talk to her...or you could refer her to 411...or pick up and simply say "It's 11:00 at night & I have a job to go to early tomorrow morning. I won't answer the phone again tonight, so I'd suggest you stop calling. Goodnight." and hang up. Your choice.

~~

Anonymous said...

What a great site »