Friday, February 03, 2006

i am clearly playing favorites

We played a review game in my physics class today, since they have a test on Monday, and I thought it would be more interesting than going over review problems all class.

The rules of the game are as follows, and were explained at the beginning of class:
1. The class should break up into 5 groups of 4 students each.
2. I will read a question out loud, only once, and then the teams will race the see who can come up with the correct answer first.
3. When the team agrees on a correct answer, they ring the bell. The answer must be written down, units must be labeled, and it has to be completely correct or they will not receive any points for the problem. If even the sign is incorrect, I will move on to the next team.
4. The team with the most points at the end of the period wins a prize.

Sounds like fun, right?

Well, it was. For me, at least. But one particular group of boys had failed to listen to the instructions at the beginning of class. And they kept getting the wrong answers. Or ringing the bell before their answer was written down. So they kept not getting points.

So then they quit. And slammed their books on the table. And informed me that they are "the smartest people in the class", but I just don't like them. And pouting, sulking, glaring, and muttering complaints under their breath.

Seriously, if I weren't laughing so hard, I would have kicked them all out of class.

Freshmen.

2 comments:

SRA said...

Ah yes. Freshmen who blame the one in charge when they neglected to pay attention in the first place. Isn't that just symbolic of society these days...people refusing to take responsibility for their own ignorance.

I think I'll go grab my walker and take a stroll around the nursing home now.

~~

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
Shave ass men pic bikini sluts contest ssbbw in a bikini Performance motorcycle tires land rover dealerships Emt bags and backpacks Just blondes Hardcore+sex+black Uk luxury hotels cotswold What universities offer the best dance program Free xxx vidoes of intrnail cumshots used lexus rim Bikini bounce Bonanza stories sex bikini sexy gallery free jamaica bikini contest Sexy brunettes in bikinis Big dicks little cunts