Wednesday, January 11, 2006

have you missed me?

Well, I'm finally back. And if you guys haven't missed me, I can assure you that my student sure have. Sam even thought about me a couple of times while he was in the shower. I wasn't exactly sure what to think about that, but the rest of the class certainly was not at a loss for snide remarks.

I spent my week back wondering what exactly had happened to the luggage that didn't make it back to Georgia with me, staring at the phone that had died and could not be charged due to the fact that the charger was in aforementioned lost luggage, and wondering why, when my car decided to break down on my way to school, standing in the middle of the road doing my best to look helpless and pathetic did not persuade anybody to stop and help me push my car out of the intersection. It did, however, merit several dirty looks and possibly a few obscene gestures. So much for southern hospitality. I then spent the remainder of the week feeling sorry for myself that I was not in Texas long enough to see baby Mabel, trying to figure out exactly how much Ace Automotive ripped me off when they "fixed" my broken-down car, and informing them that I am not actually as stupid as I look and that, no, it is actually not okay for them to charge me to fix the parts that they broke.

At school, much of my week consisted of pretending to be impressed with Tony for having "that bad-boy thing going on." Apparently it really works for him. I also made a few chemicals explode, burned a hole in my sweater in the process, but decided it was all worth it in the end, since my students were actually excited about something we were doing.

On a brighter note, Christmas was fantastic. I briefly considered returning the adorable pink shoes I received based on practicality issues, then realized that with my wardrobe, they are quite possibly the most practical shoes I own. I'd be hard-pressed to find an outfit they don't match. The pregnant olympics were unfortunately cancelled for being referred to as the "special" olympics one too many times. Apparently pregnant women do not like to be referred to as "special." Who knew? We enjoyed a few riveting games of Taboo and Speed Scrabble, and had a good laugh when, as we were looking for something fun to do, Shawn suggested, with the utmost enthusiasm, "Hey, let's do something PRODUCTIVE!"

1 comment:

SRA said...

Holy bad luck, Batman! Hope next week goes better than this one apparently has! Glad Christmas was fun, though. ~~