Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The last week of my life has involved much excitement. I turned 25, which, besides the fact that only ONE MEMBER OF MY FAMILY BOTHERED TO CALL ME, was a fantastic birthday. My students invited me to "the sexiest party of the year", which invitation I respectfully declined. But that was sure sweet of them.

My little sister returned from her mission on Thursday with a significantly heightened level of spirituality, but a disturbing lack of fashion sense. Don't worry, we'll fix that soon enough.

I have also received two detentions from students, one for giving difficult quizzes and one for talking during class. Right.

One of the highlights of my week, however, involved forgetting that "wo unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell" is actually a Book of Mormon reference and not a bible reference, and completely confusing my students with it. And then I allowed my fourth period class to use one of the advent candles for a lab experiment. If I were a Catholic, I'd totally be going to hell. Maybe I still am.

3 comments:

SRA said...

Yes, you lose quite a bit of your fashion sense while on a mission. It becomes all about comfort and convenience...not looking "cute" so much. :(

And I had a good laugh about using the Advent wreath candle for your experiment...and the BoM reference that probably confused those kids quite well. You're frying their little brains, Miss Reed! =D

~~

Maggie said...

Revelations 21:8 would be a good substitute for you.

Anonymous said...

I like the festive decoration. Well done.