Wednesday, November 02, 2005

comments made by students

Tony: Um, Ms. Reed? Is there such thing as plaigarism on a quiz?
Uh, is there something you want to tell me, Tony?

Josh (when, five minutes before class ended, he had only answered one question on his quiz, because he clearly did not study and was not prepared): I'll just come in tomorrow morning and finish it.
Yeah. Right.

Spurgeon (as the answer to quiz question #3): Come on, Ms. Reed, this is so obvious. You've explained it so many times.
Well, halleluiah, someone's been listening to me!! Maybe you should share that answer with Josh.

Spurgeon (on the way to St Joseph's for mass): Ms. Reed, I can't walk any farther. It is too hot out here.
Me: Well, then take your coat off, Spurgeon.
Spurgeon: I can't take this jacket off. It's POLO.
And no, he was not joking.