Thursday, September 30, 2004

Social Interaction

So, recently, I've been totally craving social interaction. I think it has something to do with the fact that most of the close friends I had out here in State College recently moved away. Last week, I flew out to Utah to visit my little sister, and for about an hour or two, I talked to the man sitting next to me on the plane. (Which is something I rarely do.) Anyway, he was a retired Engineering professor at Utah State. I thought we would talk about engineering a lot, since I am also an engineer, but we ended up actually having a really interesting conversation about our culture, and about how our society functions compared to other societies around the world. It made me really want to travel more. It would be really interesting to see other cultures more up-close, instead of having to hear it second hand. A group of my friends is planning a trip to Spain next summer. I'm really excited to go, and to see these people whom I haven't seen in a while, although I think I would rather go to Italy or Prague or somewhere else. Spain is really cool, I'm sure, but there are so many places I want to go, and I only have so much time and money, so I'd like to prioritize my travels a little better. But I wasn't the one who made the initial plans, and I'm really grateful for those who did, so I'm going to make the best of the trip. Maybe I can convince one of them to go to Italy with me after we're done in Spain.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Embarrassing wet pants smal for maternity clothes posted bump baby

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!