Saturday, November 17, 2012

another race

Erica, Brandie, and I ran in the Marine Corps Turkey Trot 10k this morning.  (while wearing turkey hats, obviously)


Before the race, looking all cheerful and excited.  This was one of the most fun races I've ever done.  And being a turkey made us feel pretty much like celebrities.  Everybody wanted to take our picture.  


Ben should start a career as race photographer.  My two most flattering race pictures of all time were taken by him.  (This one, and the Cherry Blossom 5k from a few years ago.)  After looking at the race pictures from the marathon, I have been doing drills to try to improve my form.  Everybody please admire the forefoot strike right here.


After the race, with my arms full of post-race snacks.  To be honest, for me the quality of a race is based solely on the snacks provided.  This race didn't let me down.  (Although I really would have liked some bananas.)


We most certainly couldn't leave without getting a picture with the turkeys.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

That looks SO fun! I want to run the Houston Turkey Trot, but it's on Thanksgiving morning. Who's going to get the turkey in the oven?

Bexie Funk said...

that does look like fun and yes your form looks perfect. the guy who wrote born to run would be so proud. I'd run a race for the snacks too. maybe one day i'll be able to run more than 3 miles.

Charlo said...

I'm pretty sure that no banana's is rude race etiquette.