Monday, April 23, 2012

a few more things

I planted an herb garden!  I have 10 different herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil, mint, dill, stevia, lavender, cilantro, rosemary, and oregano).  They are all doing quite splendidly, and I can't wait to cook with them!

I joined my local CSA.  Reading The Omnivore's Dilemma made me want to stop shopping at the grocery store and buy only from farmer's markets or local farms.  The CSA I joined has a pick-up location right across the street from me and is not a bad deal.  About $200 for produce May - November!  (delivered every other week, which is plenty for me)

I also now want to harvest my own yeast.  As it turns out it is surprisingly easy.  I am going to try it out in a few weeks and make a loaf of bread with it.  I will let you know how it goes!

I only have 3 weeks of school left with my seniors.  Yippeee!!!  They are delightful kids, but I am ready for a break from them.

I am finally getting a smartphone at the end of the month!  And thanks to Carrie and Shawn, I am getting an awesome deal on it!  Now I can join instagram, navitage my way around town, and play games.  (Let's be honest, playing games is what I'll probably use the most.)

I ate the best pizza of my life last week.  Next time anyone comes to DC, I am taking you to 2Amy's and making you order the Margherita Extra.  You will thank me.






6 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

I want to come eat pizza!

Bexie Funk said...

i want the pizza! oh how i love pizza! i hate thyme though, it tastes like dirt. $200 from may to november? that's awesome!

Graytoppop said...

For the ignorant among us, what does CSA mean?

I haven't been to DC for 2 years. MTB and I need to visit and try the pizza!

Which smart phone are you getting? An android?

poodle said...

csa is a local crop share. i pay a local farm in advance and every week they deliver me a bunch of whatever crops they are harvesting that week.

and yes, i got an android!

Charlo said...

yeast? That's one thing I haven't even thought about!

Charlo said...

yeast? That's one thing I haven't even thought about!