Wednesday, August 24, 2011

who wants to see my new house???

Oh, everybody does?? That's awesome.

My building. I live in the back left corner - nice and shady, which means I hardly even have to use my air conditioning. Awesome!!!


The bathroom (before):

The bathroom (now): The yellow is much darker than it looks here. I sewed a curtain to go around the bottom of the sink (it is odd-shaped and there are NO cabinets that fit it properly) and bought gray towels, bathmat, and shower curtain.




The kitchen (before):
Kitchen (after): I replaced the ugly gold knobs with nice sleek handles and painted (gasp) navy blue. I realized halfway through that the color was going to have to stay whether I liked it or not (I do NOT have the energy to paint over navy blue walls right now) but luckily, I really like how it turned out. Yay!



Dining room (before)

Dining room (now): The walls are actually a little darker than they appear in the pic. It's a nice, rich yellow. I can't quite figure out what to put on the windows... Any suggestions?


And my roommate: His name is Elian and he doesn't know it yet, but I have made an appointment to rob him of his manhood. I'm pretty sure we'll both be much happier that way. And by both of us, I mean me and my poor abused pillows. He is sitting on top of the fabric that I purchased that I am planning on using to make a rug. Nice print, huh?


6 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Awesome! I love the changes you've made - even the cute dog.

Ashley Erin said...

I cannot wait to meet Elian!

Lindsey said...

He is so cute! And so is the apartment! It looks great. I like the paint color in the kitchen.

Graytoppop said...

Apartment looks great! How old is the doggy? Anyting less than 1 year and he'll chew-up anyting he can bite. And it has nothing to do with his manhood...

Ashley Erin said...

I don't think the problem is that he is chewing on the pillows.

Charlo said...

PUPPIES! oh.. and having your own place is pretty awesome too. I am ashamed that you bought a shower curtain instead of making one. t would have been so much easier than the clothes you make