Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lake Tahoe

having just returned from a glorious and gorgeous trip to Lake Tahoe, I thought I'd fill you in on the adventures.

What I took with me:
one hair straightener, just in case
a library, mainly because I'm easily distracted on airplanes and require at least 10 books to keep myself entertained
a new hair color, for show-off puposes
ten t-shirts, because i'm never sure which ones I'll actually feel like wearing
What I gained in Tahoe:
the kayak surfing championship, but only after Derek taught me the proper technique. So maybe I'll split the prize with him, 50/50
lots of funny stories
the knowledge that, although almost ALL OF OUR FRIENDS BAILED on us, Katie is very reliable. Thanks, pal.
a blister
three nights with very little sleep
an easy method for making the Chemistry Day T-shirt I've been wanting, stolen from Derek's Skunk shirt
Tahoe's best breakfast, involving vanilla custard strawberry waffles which tasted suspiciously like dessert
zero hot dogs. my one regret. camping without hotdogs should be illegal.
What I brought home:
one free round-trip ticket for anywhere in the continental United States I wish to visit
two sunburn stripes, one down the front of each leg
dirt. and lots of it.
plans for next year's spring break trip to Atlanta

1 comment:

Ashley Erin said...

derek is a freak. how's my blog coming?