Saturday, June 09, 2007

break

So after school ended, I totally needed a break from everything. So I took one.

But I'm back now, and can fill you in on my plans for the near future that will more than likely make you jealous. And if they don't it's because you're boring.

First, I am heading out to Colorado for Katie's wedding. Which will be awesome.

And then, I am going to Costa Rica for a week of excitement, which will include the following:

  • Fly in at around 2:00, pick up the rental car and drive to la fortuna to see the live volcano
  • soak in the hot springs while we watch the volcano explode
  • hike Cerro Chato, a dormant volcano with a lake in the middle.
  • go mountain biking or to the national park to hike on old lava flows
  • drive to monteverde to do the zipline/canapy walk and see the cloud forests
  • drive to the coast, go to the national park and see the crocs
  • go to manuel antonio, go to the beach and hike the rainforests
  • go to the gold museum and national theater
  • possibly make friends with the researchers so they will take us out on their boats to see the turtles
So Costa Rica has way more to do than sit on the beach, which is what somebody who will remain unnamed implied.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I wish my life were exciting. It could be if it weren't for 2 obstacles:
1. Lack of money
2. I live in Provo

I am jealous.

poodle said...

you should drive out to CO on the 21st and hang out with me. wouldn't that be awesome?

Ashley Erin said...

so, one little problem. the seaturtles are not laying eggs while we are there. also, they live in the remote areas of the country, we won't have time to go there. also, san jose is in the middle of costa rica, nowhere close to the coast.