Monday, January 23, 2006

I lost $10 today....

The very $10 that was the last cash I had for the month of January. The $10 that was supposed to feed me for the next week. All because it's Monday morning and raining and my Chemistry students were tired and bored and I wanted to wake them up, so I told them if they could catch my $10 bill they could keep it. And Nick caught it. And kept it. I knew I should have only let them each try once. That's what I get for getting cocky.

But I got a free meal on Saturday, all because I answered my phone without looking at the number, and when I heard a male's voice on the other end, a male's voice that sounded shockingly similar to my friend Michael's, I assumed that it was Michael and sounded way too excited about having dinner with him. And then I realized that the voice did not, in fact, belong to Michael, but did, in fact, belong to Brad. The same Brad who has been calling me for months and once asked me "Do you like me? Cause I like you. That's why I was staring at you yesterday. So do you like me?" and made me feel like I was back in second grade. So we spent a rather uncomfortable hour eating Indian food while he commented continuously on how it was way too quiet in the restaurant, and that made him feel like he had to talk, which he just didn't like. To which I responded "well, it is 3:30 in the afternoon. Not too many people eat dinner at 3:30 in the afternoon."

The moral of the story is, check your caller ID. And never trust teenagers.

5 comments:

Katie said...

You went to dinner at 3:30? STRANGE!

SRA said...

Oops. On both counts.

~~

poodle said...

the 3:30 dinner is only an introduction to the oddities of this boy...

Anonymous said...

you are an interesting bloggist, if i mite say so...i am always entertained each time i catch up on the pink news...keep it comin'

Anonymous said...

What a great site powered ride on toys Lanier high school san antonio Fitness centers tacoma wa back pain relief fused spines What was the first camcorder invented siteedu arthritis pain relief during pregnency back+pain+relief map pda Mtor home insurance Nylon pullover jackets Regina engineering jobs Remedy hair loss Business letterhead stationery http://www.fluoxetinesideeffect.info/Www_pain_relievers_com.html