Saturday, June 18, 2005

thank you

Here is a list of people I would like to thank, just because they're so fantastic.

Erin, because not only did she buy me lots and lots of Gatorade to keep me hydrated after my little run-in with the Peruvian empanada, but she was smart enough to buy it in the little sport bottles, allowing me to drink without actually sitting up. (At the time, sitting up exhausted all of the energy I had. Bad news.)

Target, for selling glow-stick earrings. No matter how bad my day is, I can't see those and NOT laugh. (For those who don't know, during the summertime I develop a rather embarrassing fixation with glow-in-the-dark and light-up apparel.)

My dad, because it's father's day tomorrow and I'll feel guilty if I don't include him in this list. Plus, he really is just great.

Matthew, the Air Force investigator guy who interviewed me for security clearance purposes. While I thought the entirety of the interview would include questions such as Is said person a threat to national security? and Do you have any reason to believe that said person is plotting with foreign forces to overthrow the United States Government? Matthew made the interview much more entertaining for me. Who knew that investigators would ask Can you tell me anything embarrassing about said person? Or ask about said person's past dating relationships and how they ended. These questions can make for pretty entertaining stories, so we really had a rather enjoyable time with this interview.

Barnes and Noble, just because they have their discount literature section and super comfortable chairs.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Did you get investigated for Derek? I did, and it was SO much fun trying to describe him. I told my investigator about his fascination for making things out of garbage he finds in the street. Classic.

poodle said...

yup. i had a pretty good time with describing him and the "is there anything embarrassing" question.

and then he told me he can request a copy of the interview.

oops.